Image Map

Yarn Alternative and a New Year FREEBIE!

Hey peeps!

Happy WINTER BREAK!!! Isn't it fabulous?! Did you sleep in?

I'm popping by real quick to ask you if you use embroidery floss.

This stuff...
I keep it separated in a little plastic case.
It's fabulous! It is super cheap, comes in a beautiful variety of colors and can be used for all sorts of things! Plus it takes up very little space - so it's easy to store.

I use it quite a bit instead of yarn. It's much prettier and not so "clumsy" looking.

I use it for the balloon string on this New Years project. Bulky yarn would just be too much.


That little New Year penguin is a quick, simple little lesson about resolutions and a cutie pie little penguin - perfect for a wintery bulletin board. 

One more little tip... Try using a variety of materials for your bulletin boards. I avoid butcher paper as much as possible. Fabric lasts longer, is reusable and stays vibrant.

For my snow themed January boards I put up batting from the fabric store (or Wal-Mart). It's a great "stand in" for snow. I love that these little New Year penguins are slip sliding 3D style! :)


Aren't the snowy hills fun?

We will be doing this little New Year Penguin project when we go back to school on January 5th. 

We also will be working on verb tense with this freebie reader available to my "fans" on my Facebook page. Just click the Exclusive Fan Freebies tab on my FB page from your browser (the mobile app doesn't show the tabs).

Enjoy every second of your break!!! 




1 comment: